SAVE THE DATE: OPEN HOUSE
If your student is struggling academically or would just like a little help with an assignment, please check out the SV Virtual Tutoring website. We offer free teacher tutoring, peer tutoring and math homework help.
SAVE THE DATE: RING CEREMONY
Semester 2 Book Distribution
We are continuing to collect textbooks from the first semester, please make sure you turn in any first semester textbooks as soon as possible. Do not turn in a textbook if you are currently in a year-long class, you will still need that book. Please review the below information for complete details.
First Semester Book Drop Off
- Virtual Students- Virtual Students may stop by the front atrium to drop off their books from 8am till 4pm
- Carts will be available in the front Atrium and students can drop their books in those carts to be checked in.
- Students should not miss seat time in any class to come to school for book drop offs.
- In-person students- Students who are in person may drop off their 1st semester books in front of the book room in the carts so those books can be checked in or through the door slot during the normal school day.
Second Semester Book Distribution
- Virtual students will receive textbooks on Friday February 5th from 9am-4pm and then Monday & Wednesday, February 8th and 10th, from 4-6pm. Pick up will be located in the back of the school. More information will be sent to parents about semester 2 textbook distribution for virtual students.
- In-person students will receive textbooks February 1st and 2nd during school hours.
For questions about textbooks, contact Mr. Joe Paschal at email@example.com.
2021 SCMEA Region III Orchestra
Congratulations to the following SVHS Orchestra students! They were selected, by virtual audition, for participation in the 2021 SCMEA Region III Honor Orchestra. The performance event is scheduled for February 19-20, 2021, at Irmo High School.
Thanks, as always, for your support of the SVHS Orchestra program!
9-10 Orchestra: Abbey Lee– violin Kartik Valluri– violin Khushi Jain– 2nd alternate (violin) Justin Kong – cello Pedro Robertson– Bass
11-12 Orchestra: Eileen Chen– violin Christopher Li– violin Pranav Poola– violin Bhavani Tuppale– violin Spandana Anchoori– violin Erik Daquilanea– viola Tremayne Ansani– viola Connor Swayne– cello
Principals With Heart Campaign
SPRING VALLEY WORD POETRY CLUB NEWSLETTER
Super Bowl Squares Fundraiser
It is Super Bowl week and the the Spring Valley girls soccer booster club is selling Super Bowl squares as a fundraiser. Each square is $10 and there are winners after each quarter. Email Treasurer Jen Hudock at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to buy your squares. The Super Bowl is Sunday, February 7, so time is running out.
SCAN SCREENING OF “Paper Children”
SVHS HOSTING SAT ON MARCH 13TH
FOCUS ON YOUR FUTURE FRIDAY
This webinar will be presented by the SC Department of Consumer Affairs. It is designed to inform high school students on how to establish good credit. It will include the following topics on credit: credit reporting, credit scores, how to use credit responsibly and other similar tips and topics.
Join Virtually: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Aww2nzN6SKOfci-Hca59uw
FREE SAT/ACT PREP SESSION
Friday, February 12th
12pm- 1pm (Math)
You will not want to miss this PREP SESSION !
Please use the following link to attend
https://zoom.us/join– use the code below to access the session
Zoom Meeting Code: 847 0432 8546