Semester 2 Begins Tomorrow
Wednesday, January 27, 2021, will be the first day of the second semester! We will be following an alternative schedule for Wednesday, see below. Students, please make sure you are following your second semester schedule on this day (check your parent portal for a full list of your semester two classes). We will have an extended first period this day for all students.
For those students who have new classes for the second semester, you should have received communication from your semester 2 teachers about how to log into their Google Classroom and how to access your class on the first day. If you have not received information from any of your teachers, please email that teacher directly before classes begin tomorrow.
Individual teacher websites can be found by visiting the departments below:
- Career and Technology
- Fine Arts
- Instructional Support Services
- Social Studies
- World Languages
Semester 2 Book Distribution
We are continuing to collect textbooks from the first semester, please make sure you turn in any first semester textbooks as soon as possible. Do not turn in a textbook if you are currently in a year-long class, you will still need that book. We will begin distributing second semester textbooks during the week of January 27th for both in-person and virtual students. Please review the below information for complete details.
First Semester Book Drop Off
- Virtual Students- Virtual Students may stop by the front atrium to drop off their books from January 26th until January 29th 8am till 4pm
- Carts will be available in the front Atrium and students can drop their books in those carts to be checked in.
- Students should not miss seat time in any class to come to school for book drop offs.
- In-person students- Students who are in person may drop off their 1st semester books in front of the book room in the carts so those books can be checked in or through the door slot during the normal school day.
Second Semester Book Distribution
- Virtual students will begin to receive textbooks on Friday, January 29th and February 5th from 9am-4pm and then Monday & Wednesday, February 8th and 10th, from 4-6pm. Pick up will be located in the back of the school. More information will be sent to parents about semester 2 textbook distribution for virtual students.
- In-person students will receive textbooks starting January 27th and 28th and repeat February 1st and 2nd during school hours.
For questions about textbooks, contact Mr. Joe Paschal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule Change Requests
If your student is struggling academically or would just like a little help with an assignment, please check out the SV Virtual Tutoring website. We offer free teacher tutoring, peer tutoring and math homework help.
SAVE THE DATE: RING CEREMONY
DUAL CREDIT COURSES
BOYS TRACK & FIELD
SAVE THE DATE: OPEN HOUSE
FREE SAT/ACT PREP SESSION
Friday, February 12th
12pm- 1pm (Math)
You will not want to miss this PREP SESSION !
Please use the following link to attend
https://zoom.us/join– use the code below to access the session
Zoom Meeting Code: 847 0432 8546
Register for Chemistry Olympiad – FREE!
Participate in the free US National Chemistry Olympiad brought to you by the Science Olympiad Club! This is a great opportunity to test and showcase your understanding of advanced chemistry concepts. Email us at email@example.com by 1/27/21 to register for the first round, with a chance to advance to the national and international levels. The online local exam is scheduled for 3/27/21 from 3:00 to 4:45 pm. There are practice exams available at http://www.acs.org/olympiad
SVHS HOSTING SAT ON MARCH 13TH
GIRLS SOCCER TRYOUTS
Tryouts for the 2021 Spring Valley girls soccer team will begin Monday, February 1. For information, please email Coach Brindel at firstname.lastname@example.org
SAVE THE DATE FOR CLASS OF 2021 GRADUATION
Super Bowl Squares Fundraiser