Congratulations to Jasmine Montalvo
Congratulations to Spring Valley High School junior Jasmine Montalvo who received the 2021 South Carolina Affiliate Rising Start award. The South Carolina Affiliate of the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing award recognizes students in grades 9-12 for their computing-related achievements and interests, as part of an effort to encourage a diverse range of students to choose careers in technology.
Award recipients were selected from more than 4,200 applicants from all 50 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. overseas military bases, and Canada for their outstanding aptitude and aspirations in technology and computing as demonstrated by their computing experience, computing-related activities, leadership experience, tenacity in the face of barriers to access, and plans for post-secondary education.
Each recipient will receive recognition and prizes; induction into the Aspirations in Computing community of nearly 20,000 technical individuals; access to resources, scholarships, and internship opportunities; and more. Congratulations Jasmine!
National Counselor Appreciation Week 2021
WEAR RED TOMORROW
SAVE THE DATE: OPEN HOUSE
Semester 2 Book Distribution
We are continuing to collect textbooks from the first semester, please make sure you turn in any first semester textbooks as soon as possible. Do not turn in a textbook if you are currently in a year-long class, you will still need that book. Please review the below information for complete details.
First Semester Book Drop Off
- Virtual Students- Virtual Students may stop by the front atrium to drop off their books from 8am till 4pm
- Carts will be available in the front Atrium and students can drop their books in those carts to be checked in.
- Students should not miss seat time in any class to come to school for book drop offs.
- In-person students- Students who are in person may drop off their 1st semester books in front of the book room in the carts so those books can be checked in or through the door slot during the normal school day.
Second Semester Book Distribution
- Virtual students will receive textbooks on Friday February 5th from 9am-4pm and then Monday & Wednesday, February 8th and 10th, from 4-6pm. Pick up will be located in the back of the school. More information will be sent to parents about semester 2 textbook distribution for virtual students.
- In-person students will receive textbooks February 1st and 2nd during school hours.
For questions about textbooks, contact Mr. Joe Paschal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your student is struggling academically or would just like a little help with an assignment, please check out the SV Virtual Tutoring website. We offer free teacher tutoring, peer tutoring and math homework help.
SAVE THE DATE: RING CEREMONY
SVHS HOSTING THE RED CROSS BLOOD MOBILE ON FEBRUARY 26th.
If you are 18 and older you will receive a $5 Amazon gift card for your successful donation. You also help our students earn a scholarship for college with your donation!
Here is the link to sign up to donate. We appreciate all your support!
Principals With Heart Campaign
2021 MIDLANDS HEART WALK – TEAM SPRING VALLEY
SPRING VALLEY WORD POETRY CLUB NEWSLETTER
WORD POETRY CLUB JANUARY NEWSLETTER
SCAN SCREENING OF “Paper Children”
SVHS HOSTING SAT ON MARCH 13TH
FOCUS ON YOUR FUTURE FRIDAY
This webinar will be presented by the SC Department of Consumer Affairs. It is designed to inform high school students on how to establish good credit. It will include the following topics on credit: credit reporting, credit scores, how to use credit responsibly and other similar tips and topics.
Join Virtually: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Aww2nzN6SKOfci-Hca59uw
FREE SAT/ACT PREP SESSION
Friday, February 12th
12pm- 1pm (Math)
You will not want to miss this PREP SESSION !
Please use the following link to attend
https://zoom.us/join– use the code below to access the session
Zoom Meeting Code: 847 0432 8546